Seeking a full-time Senior/Midlevel Paralegal
We are seeking a Senior or Mid-Level Full-time Paralegal with at least 3+ years of working with early-stage businesses and active investors (securities, equity financings, incorporations, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law) to join a uniquely mission-driven law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area exclusively working with diverse-led startups and investors prioritizing diversity. We are a remote-first company, and this role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Compensation for this role ranges from $80,000-$150,000 base salary, depending on experience.
What You’ll do:
- Capitalization table management: Handle stock and option administration, including drafting agreements, preparing reports, stock notices/certificates, and maintaining capitalization records in equity management platforms like Carta, as well as in Excel.
- Transactional matters: Assist with drafts of agreements and correspondence connected to venture capital financings, debt financings, mergers, acquisitions.
- Project management: Work with our Senior Corporate Paralegal to drive progress with transaction closings, drafting and updating checklists, organizing closing duties, signatures and closing sets, and post-closing matters.
- Review requests for documentation and maintain client records and files.
- Conduct Blue Sky and corporate legal research.
- Supporting attorneys and clients throughout all phases of corporate, venture financings and M&A transactions.
- Navigate work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple deadlines as an integral member of client service teams to help achieve clients’ business objectives.
Who We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years working with early-stage businesses and active investors (securities, equity financings, incorporations, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law).
- Experience with equity management platforms (specifically Carta).
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Stellar attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills to manage tasks, and able to work within a team environment.
- Experience with VC (venture financing) deals, assisting with closing and post-closing items.
- Proficient with capitalization table management and Excel spreadsheets.
- General familiarity with incorporation and dissolution.
- Foundational knowledge of corporate maintenance.
- Quality experience with Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A).
- Well-founded grasp of corporate Blue Sky.
- Wide ranging experience with transactional matters.
- Experience with corporate approvals and requirements.
- Proven knowledge of corporate governance.
- Active problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with diligence, grace and integrity.
If you are interested, you must be willing to take an excel cap table assessment. Please send email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Venturous Counsel, we offer resources that underscore the importance of taking care of yourself and maintaining your well-being. We cover 100% of your healthcare premiums, including dental and vision. We offer six weeks of paid family leave, three weeks of accrued PTO, and flexible, remote working arrangements. Additional perks include a budget to set up your home office and a monthly wellness and internet stipend. To help you plan for the future, we offer a 401(k) plan with up to 5% matching.
Mentorship is an important investment in your career, and at Venturous Counsel, you will be trained and mentored by the founder, Aravinda Seshadri, who has over 15 years of experience providing outside GC advice to early-stage startups and funds. She helped found the law firm Silicon Legal Strategy and has worked with top-tier clients and investors, such as Lyft, TaskRabbit, Hustle Fund, Rakuten, and Felicis Ventures. You will receive training on corporate and commercial transactions and the basic areas of law that startups generally encounter, in order to allow you to serve as general counsel to these valuable companies and funds. More importantly, you’ll receive guidance on the nuances and soft skills that will allow you to build trust and create a personal brand.
Venturous Counsel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the startups and fund managers we work with and strongly encourage candidates from under-represented communities to apply.